- 250g Dalewood Traditional Camembert
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 3 Sprigs of thyme
- 2 Pink Lady Apples, cored and cut into slices (skin on)
- 30g Dalewood Farm Butter
- 3 – 4 Tbsp Muscavado sugar or dark brown sugar
- Toasted baguette slices to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the Camembert into an ovenproof dish where it fits quite snug.
- Cut criss-cross slits into the centre part of the cheese-making sure not to score the outer rind (you wan to hold the cheese in its shape). Lightly drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the cheese is roasting, heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan until it just starts to bubble and then add the sugar and allow it to heat through. About a minute.
- Add the apple slices and thyme sprigs & cook over a medium heat, swirling everything around until the apples start turning a golden brown colour and the sauce starts to thicken.
- When the cheese comes out the oven, top with some of the apples and then pierce the sides to allow some of the molten centre to ooze out.
- Serve with toasted baguette to pile on top.
Serves 2 – 4 as a snack (dessert or cheese course)
Courtesy of Sam Linsell