- 1 wheel of Camembert cheese
- About 8 sundried tomato wedges (enough to generously cover the surface of the cheese)
- 1 – 2 large garlic cloves crushed
- 1 – 2 tsp Thyme leaves picked from the stalks
Preheat oven to 180C / 350F
- Place the cheese in a small oven proof dish and cut the surface area with a knife – going about a third of the way through.
- Roughly chop the sundried tomateos and mix with the garlic and thyme. Spead this over the surface are of the cheese and bake for about 15 minutes until bubbling and melted through.
- The key to success here are the delicious sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil vinaigrette. It adds an intense flavour hit to tomato sauces and can liven up a mezze platter like nothing else I know. You don’t need very many to get the flavour bomb you are after.
- Roughly chop about 8 – 10 tomatoes with about 4 teaspoons of the delicious sauce and add the crushed garlic and thyme leaves.
- Place your wheel of Camembert or cut up wedge or Brie into a small oven proof dish of an appropriate size and slash a few cuts into the surface. You want the tomato mixture to really bake into the cheese.
- Bake in an oven for 10 – 20 minutes and until the cheese is molten and bubbling around the edges.
Courtesy of Sam Linsell